Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Applique Fun




Don't you love this sweet mug?  I fell in love the with the colors and pattern of the flower and want to make a mug rug to go along with it.  Today I am going to do a tutorial to show you how easy it is to mirror the pattern that you like and want to replicate. 
I usually head over to Google Images and find something that I like.  I picked these two flower shapes and copied them into a word document and printed it out.
Next I got my light board out and put the pattern piece on top of the light board.  I decided to use the flower on the right for my applique.
I placed the flower template on top of the light board and then put my fusible interfacing on top of it with the grooved side that you iron on down and the smooth side up.  I traced the flower and it is now ready to be ironed onto the back of my fabric.  I would probably make a few more of these to use in my project.  Once your iron it on you peel off the backing and iron it down onto your fabric.  Follow the instructions on your fusible interfacing for the ironing part.  I usually trim around pretty close to my drawn lines so that I waste as little fabric as possible.

Keep following the blog because I will likely finish this project up and show you how it came out.  I will also share my favorite technique for machine applique.
Hugs,
Anita











No comments:

Post a Comment