Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Embroidery Floss Storage Tip

Hello! Tessa Buys here with a quick storage tip for embroidery floss.



When I sew, it's usually by hand and with embroidery floss. After putting up with floss that got tangled, slipped out of its wrapper, or turned into a knotted mess, I decided to wrap my floss around clothespins.


Simply pinch the end of your floss in the clothespin, then wind up and down the clothespin, securing the other end by pinching it. This method keeps all but the last few inches from getting kinked, tangled, or knotted. Plus, my sewing basket looks very pretty filled with the colorful clothespins.


I hope this tip helps you to keep your floss organized and ready for sewing! Thanks for visiting today. Tessa

1 comment:

  1. What a brilliant idea! And they're so cute too :)

    Jenny ~ Love My Fabrics DT

    ReplyDelete