Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Keeping track of your patterns!

I don't know about you, but I sometimes think that I'm more of a "pattern collector" than actual crafter! Whenever I'm online, I'm finding patterns that I want to save to make later... The problem is how to keep track of all those patterns that I want to return to! For actual patterns that I buy in the store, I have a binder with pockets and keep them organized by "type," Quilt blocks in one section, dolls and toys in another etc. My knit and crochet patterns are almost all purchased through Ravelry, so I don't feel the need to keep them anywhere else...  But, I spend so much time online, bookmarking great sewing patterns and tutorials... Then, when I have time to actually sit down and sew, I can't remember which website I found the pattern on! I've been using Evernote to keep track of patterns, and it's easy AND even better, free!! You can use it through the website, or as the available app for your devices! You can upload any files, links to websites, and even add your own notes, so that once you make the pattern you can remember any modifications you've made! I love that I can paste the link into a note... and also add a picture, so I know exactly which "tote bag" that pattern is for!
The Tag function makes it easy to sort your files and all your favorite patterns will be at your fingertips wherever you are!
How do you keep your patterns organized?


No comments:

Post a Comment