Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Tips for Die Cutting Fabric

Hey guys, Katie here! Today I wanted to share with you a couple of my favorite tips for die cutting fabric on electronic cutting machines as well as what settings I use.

I have 2 die cut machines, the Silhouette Portrait and the Brother Scan N Cut and it has taken a bit of practice to figure out what works and what doesn't when it comes to cutting fabric.


Here are the settings I use for the Silhouette:

Blade: 4, Speed: 5, Thickness: 33


Here are the settings I use for the Brother Scan N Cut:

Blade: 6, Speed: 3, Pressure: 0


I've found that I have to have either really stiff fabric or have something like heat n bond on the back of the fabric to cut it. I recently found a product called Terial Magic. It's a spray you can use to stiffen your fabric and it works wonderfully with die cutting.

Another tip I have is that you always have a separate cutting blade for fabric. Just like scissors, paper will dull your blade, so be sure to have 1 blade for paper and one blade for fabric.

What are your favorite tips? Have you cut fabric out on a diecut machine?

No comments:

Post a Comment